Monday, February 4, 2013

Box Art: JIM, THE WORLD'S GREATEST (1976)

I would love to have reviewed Don Coscarelli's first film, Jim, The World's Greatest, but unfortunately we weren't able to hunt it down in any format.  So, here it is as a box art.

A70-3906 (500×760)


Starring Angus Scrimm (The Tall Man) and Reggie Bannister, this movie looks totally sweet.  You can see Scrimm there on the far right, looking all alcoholic and stuff.  

Jim is presented as a trophy, which is pretty cool.  I mean, really.  

The Text:

The Cheerleader
The Girlfriend
The Brother
The Father
He took care of them all.

Well, I would say based on the text that Jim takes double good care of the girlfriend, assuming she's also the cheerleader.  He also takes care of his family.  Apparently his mom is not in the picture, or he just doesn't take care of her.

Or, maybe he "takes care" of them.  Like, in the mob sense.  Maybe Jim is the world's greatest hitman?

Because I've also read the description, I know Jim is a good guy and having seen Kenny & Company, I'm guessing the kids are very well portrayed and that some craziness happens.

Hopefully I'll see it someday.

-J. Moret

1 comment: